Sunday, December 14, 2008

California dreamin on such a winter's day

Saturday Deb and I hosted a trunk show for the very cute Napa boutique Cake Plate which is owned by our friend Paige's sister.

The event featured cupcakes, champagne and some very cute clothes.

Deb and I actually hung up some pictures in our apartment. A mere 6 months after moving in.

I was a good recessionista and convinced myself this bracelet would make a better DIY project than purchase...

On Sunday Olive had her first day at the dog beach down in Del Mar! OMGGGGG.

The little pup was such a Nervous Nancy when we first got there and wouldn't leave my side. It was pretty funny. Finally she got a little brave and started running around and exploring with Dakotah and Lily... and then she fell into a tide pool!

SO BUMMED I did not get it on video, it was hilarious. Little wet pup.


She kept climbing up onto rocks and then would be too scared to get down, so time after time I had to pick her up, navigating the water in my wellies. She obviously has me trained better than I her.

Gina and I of course took a million pictures like the annoying pet moms we are...

I was pretty soaked by the time we left so X got me some carne asada chips and horchata and I was happppppy. So was the pup, she slept the whole way back to LA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a magnificent location.....

MS said...

Ooh, I love cupcakes, champagne and cute clothes. Lucky!